Faith, Ledyard & Faith, PLC dba Faith Law

Toll-Free: 888-350-8767
Local: 623-806-8994

Faith, Ledyard & Faith, PLC dba Faith Law
Faith, Ledyard & Faith, PLC dba Faith Law

Assisting Clients In Achieving Success By Providing High-Quality Services

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Motorcycle Accidents
  4.  » Do you need a motorcycle license and a driver’s license?

Do you need a motorcycle license and a driver’s license?

You never got your driver’s license in Arizona. You don’t own a car, so you didn’t see any reason to do it.

However, you recently inherited a motorcycle, and now you want to get a motorcycle license. Do you have to get a traditional driver’s license as well?

You do. Under Arizona law, if you are a new driver, you have to go through the testing for a driver’s license. You can then take a motorcycle test and get the Class M endorsement for your new license. You can only take the motorcycle test if you already have a driver’s license or permit.

Like a driver’s license, you cannot get your motorcycle endorsement until you are at least 16 years old. However, you can get the instruction permit to begin practicing when you are six months away from your 16th birthday. This way, by the time you turn 16, you can also complete this portion of training and have some experience to pass the tests.

As a new rider, there is a lot to learn and to be aware of. One thing to keep in mind is that a motorcycle is more dangerous than a car, due in large part to its smaller size. If you get into an accident while you’re on your motorcycle, even when someone else caused it, you could suffer serious injuries. These injuries could land you in the hospital and take a big toll on your life, so it is important to know how to seek financial compensation. An experienced attorney can provide valuable guidance and assistance.


RSS Feed

FindLaw Network